T-Bird's Guide to Life



This is T's space to share her passions and bring her stories to life. All posts are by T unless otherwise marked.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

YPF and MMTC Camp



            Hey guys. I don't really know what to talk about today. I just felt like writing on my blog so here I am. I do have a movie I want to review, but it's only been two posts since the last review so I think I'll wait a bit. Anyway, last weekend went well. I went to see the Young Playwrights Festival plays on Friday and Saturday (Which included my play. I won this year!). All the plays were pretty good, and I got to see a friend of mine who I don't see very often (his brother was in a few of the plays). It was really nice to get to catch up and I got his e-mail so we could stay in touch. Since my play won, I got a big bag of goodies and a copy of my play's script. Some of the things in the bag included some high-quality gel pens, a giant book about how to be a good writer, several other books (A wrinkle in time, the secret garden, and others), and a T-shirt that said "On a bad day there is always writing". I'm pretty excited to write a play for next year and I think I'll write some other plays too. Not necessarily  for YPF, just because its fun to write plays and then I can do longer plays than just fifteen pages (One of the guidelines for the competition). I have several ideas, although I'm not sure how you'd do some of them onstage. Maybe I'll write a book or a movie script instead :)                                To change the subject, I can't wait for MMTC Camp (Mystic Mountain Training Center!) There was weekend long over night training a couple of weeks ago, and since I had so much fun in only two days, I just know the other three weeks are going to be awesome! I've already made some pretty close friends with some of the new counslers, and I can't wait to see them all again! I know a lot of the counelers who don't go down the water slide at the end of the day, but I think I'll probably be one of those counselers who go down everyday! (Or most of them at least). The theme this year is the wild west with cowboys and such, so I have to have a costume for the first day of each week of camp, but talk about the kind of work that's fun! I love costumes! Well anyway, that's all I've really got for now, but keep an eye for the movie review and other posts coming soon!


                                                                    Torilinn 

No comments: