T-Bird's Guide to Life



This is T's space to share her passions and bring her stories to life. All posts are by T unless otherwise marked.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Youth Sunday



          Hey Everybody! This past weekend was Youth Sunday! Basically, it's the Sunday where our youth group takes over and does the whole service. We did a skit and a pantomime, and our youth pastor, Joe, gave the sermon.
Alli gives her testimony.
Alli, our friend Micah and I gave our testimonies, but when it was time for Alli to go on, she couldn't find her paper which she had typed her testimony out on. So she went up and did it for memory! It was pretty cool! The skit we did was called "That's not how you pray" and it was about a guy who had recently accepted Christ and was trying to figure out how to pray, Several comical characters try to teach him they're own unique (and silly) way to pray, but in the end the guy learns that he doesn't have to put on a show for God. He can just be himself and talk to God as if He were standing right in front him. I wasn't in the skit, I was off stage with a script in case anyone forgot they're lines. The reason for this is (1) Some people almost DID forget they're lines, and (2) I got the main part in the pantomime, so it makes sense that I wouldn't have a part in the skit. The pantomime is really hard to explain, so just go to our church's website (Firstmc.org/sermons)  and you can watch the whole service there, or just skip to the pantomime if you want (It's toward the end of the service.) I also played piano for the worship songs. I was a little nervous going into it, but everything went fine. Those stage lights are really hot though. I was just ready to crash by the end of the service. At Youth Group that night, we talked about maybe having more than one Youth Sunday a year, maybe having the Youth lead the worship quarterly, so that we're more involved with the church. I mean, what's the point of having a youth group if the rest of the church only gets to see what we're up to once a year? Anyway, this Youth Sunday went really well, and I'm glad I did it. Well, that's all I've got for today, have a great rest of the day!

                                                                                                 
                                                                                             Torilinn

No comments: